Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Where I'll Be @ AWP 2013: Wednesday, 6 March

34º ~ a light (freezing) rain, really light, full clouds for the next few days but warming temps


Thanks to the generosity of the folks at Barn Owl Review & Thrush, I've been invited to participate in a group reading on Wednesday, 6 March 2013 at the start of this year's AWP in Boston.  Is this not the prettiest poster? 

Many thanks to Helen Vitoria of Thrush for publishing "You Taught Me Devastation" in the November 2012 issue.  At AWP, "Awash in Hunger for the Pistil & the Stamen" and "Small-Time Rapture" will appear in BOR 6 (an annual print publication).  All thanks to Mary Biddinger, Jay Robinson, and the other readers/editors of BOR for another vote of confidence in the sickly speaker.

Each poet reading on the 6th will be limited to 2 - 3 poems, and I confess that the first few years I attended these mass readings it was hard for me to get into the swing of things.  Now, though, I've come to love the buffet of words buffeting my brain (see what I did there with the clever word play...hee hee).

And look at that lineup?  Thrilled to see so many friends and looking forward to hearing/meeting some folks "live" for the first time.  Wahooooooooooooo!



5 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks!

Tawnysha Greene said...

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Yay!

Laura the Poet said...

sounds like a rad reading! i hope I can make it!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Hope you make it Laura, and if not, hope we cross paths elsewhere in Boston!